The Growth Agenda

The Growth Agenda
The Growth Agenda
I have discovered that just because something seems simple and easy for me to do and I do it well, does not mean that everyone else can do it well too. I know I risk stating the obvious, but is it really? How often do we grit our teeth, shake our heads and sigh in exasperation because we are the only ones who seem to be able to do what we are able to do with the ease and skill that we do it with?
The fact of the matter is that we were all born with a special gift, talent and passion that makes us really good at whatever it is. When you add to this our natural personality type, there are some situations and activities that we can handle with ease while others struggle all the way through. Yet, instead of recognizing, accepting and celebrating our gifts, we often spend a lot of time being frustrated because others cannot operate at our level of expertise.
Our natural gifts and talents are what enable us to succeed. We have heard it said many times that our purpose in life is linked to our passion and I believe that it is. But I have also heard it said and I believe this to be true that “Talent is not Enough”. Many persons gifted with obvious raw talent have taken it for granted, and lived their lives only managing to achieve decent levels of mediocrity. Others with much less talent and with certainly greater effort have actually done better. Imagine what is possible when we accept and harness our raw talent and apply effort and consistency. The result is excellence and huge success.
However, this comes at a price. A price that can cost us our very lives. This price is called Growth! It is not the same as education and in fact, it could be the reason why not all educated persons succeed. You see, my friend, growth does not just happen on its own. No one improves by accident. “No wind favors him who has no destined port” the words of Michel de Montaigne. Growth, the kind that leads to success in our lives and in our business, must be deliberate, intentional and planned with a clear vision in mind. It is what we invest our lives doing. I am responsible for my own growth and you are responsible for yours.
So many of us are unhappy with the circumstances of our lives. We are not satisfied with our finances, our relationships, our careers, essentially our success. We are not happy about these, yet we are content to simply complain about them, which brings the words of James Allen’s As a Man Thinketh to mind. “People are anxious to improve their circumstances but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound.”
There is a way to improve ourselves. It starts with exploring who we are and making conscious decisions to improve. It requires us to get clarity on where we are now and where we want to be so that we can focus our attention on what it would take to get us there. I am a professional coach. I can help you get clarity on your purpose and passion so that you can focus on your goals and priorities.  This is what I do. This is my passion and purpose and I am just a message away.
Consistently

No comments

Powered by Blogger.